Interested in becoming a Focus School?
Schools served by Ingham ISD and Wharton Center Institute for Arts & Creativity are eligible to become Focus Schools. Ideally, each school identifies a team, including: a building administrator, at least one arts specialist/teacher and a number of classroom teachers who:
- Engage in professional learning and planning during the Arts Integration Summer Institute;
- Implement plans throughout the academic year, contributing to and receiving support through an Arts Integration Professional Learning Community;
- Host a teaching artist for a collaborative arts integrated curriculum in classrooms/the school;
- Report and showcase the results of their efforts in an annual report to stakeholders.
Educators can earn State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for full participation.
Complete and return the 2018-19 Arts Integration Focus School Agreement. This form requires the signatures of all team members and indicates a commitment to full participation in the following:
- Summer Institute
- Professional Learning Communities
- Teaching Artist Collaboration
In some cases if a team cannot be formed, individuals or two parties may attend.
For more information on becoming a Focus School, please contact Lonnie Thomas.