Events and Activities
College and Career Workshop
Friday, February 23, 2018
9:00 am – 1:00 pm; Free Admission and Free Lunch
Lansing Community College
Main Campus, Gannon Building
422 North Washington Square, Lansing, MI
FREE parking is available at the LCC Gannon Ramp, 600 block of North Grand River
What are your plans after high school?
Learn about different college/career options for students with disabilities, interact with college representatives, tour the campus of LCC and learn about creating a video resume.
- This event is designed for students with disabilities, grades 9-12, parents, teachers and counselors.
- A sensory break area will be available
- Opportunity for Parents to ask questions of a panel of community partners about employment and educational opportunities.
|9:00 - 9:45 am||College and Career Fair|
|10:00 - 10:25 am||Keynote: State Representative Julie Calley|
|10:30 - 11:50 am||Workshop Session 1 & 2|
|11:45 - 12:10 pm||Lunch|
|12:15 - 1:00 pm||
Let's Consider a College Experience
Sessions 1 & 2
Best Practices in postsecondary options for students with developmental or intellectual disabilities
College Options - 2 or 4 Years
Let’s Go to College: Supporting Students with Disabilities in College
Overview of placement tests, Rights and Responsibilities, Process and Support Services
Let’s Get Some Money: Overview of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Let’s Get to Work! Creating Taxpayers
Helping Employers See Beyond Perceived Barriers
Please choose the activity that aligns with your morning workshops
- Tour the LCC Downtown Campus - Please dress for the weather.
- Mock Video Resume
- Parent Panel - Let’s Be Contributors: Best Practices for Engaging Youth to Become Active Members of Our Community
A Sensory Room will be available throughout the conference.
For registration information, call 517.244.1298.